Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hooded Towel

This is a hooded towel I made when my nephew Casey was born back in June... I also made one for my friend Laura's son Liam back in March (or was it April?!), but I totally forgot to take a picture of it! The 'L' was definitely much easier to applique on than the 'C'! Less curves and all! I used to crochet baby afghans for my friends and family's babies.. but with the kids, I just don't have time for that! I'm totally into quick and easy projects these days!

If you'd like to make a hooded towel too, follow this tutorial for hooded towels! There are tons out there, but I liked the monogramming. I ended up just cutting off part of the bottom of the big towel and using that to cut my triangle for the hood. But if you want to use a contrasting color you'll need the hand towel. You'll probably still want to cut off part of the big towel otherwise it's very large, and too long on one side! I ended up making my own binding so that it would match the baby's initial. But that makes the project take much longer.. if you are in a rush definitely use the pre-packaged stuff!

Are you pregnant? Because if you are one of these might be coming to you!! As soon as I learn the name that is!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yay! I can comment :)

LOVE the towels. They are so cute! I'm going to make some for my kiddos for Christmas. Thanks for the tips.

Don't you just love all the craft blogs out there? So inspirational!